If you like lemon and you like coconut then you will be swooning over the Lemon Coconut Cookie left on your pillow at Devil’s Thumb Ranch. The sweet treat before bed is sinfully good!
Lemon Coconut Cookies
8oz butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
1½ tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lemon, juiced
2¼ cup flour
1 cup toasted coconut
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy – about 3 minutes scraping occassionally
2. Add zest, vanilla and juice and beat one more minute
3. Sift in flour and salt. Add coconut and stir until just combined.
4. Chill dough for several hours. Shape into balls about the same size you wish the cookie to be and flatten slightly.
5. Using a parchment lined cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
6. If desired, sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar when cooled.